Herb Fries | Herby Fries | Restaurant style Herb Fries
This is the easiest and the best way to get those perfectly flavoured herby fries at home. Just a note: the fried garlic tastes absolutely amazing too but if you don't want to get a whole garlic in your bite then just pick them out before serving. Enjoy!!
Garlic cloves: 3-4
Coriander: a small bunch
Mint leaves (Pudina): 2 sprigs
Red Chilli powder: ½ tsp (Optional)
Chaat Masala: ½ tsp (Optional)
Salt: to taste
Oil: For frying
- Wash and cut potatoes into French fries. You can keep the peel on if you want.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan, add garlic, coriander and pudina to the oil.
- Pat the fries dry with a kitchen towel and add fries to the oil while the oil is still not very hot.
- Fry on medium heat until nicely golden brown on both sides. Occasionally flip the fries to fry from all sides.
- Remove from the oil and place in a big bowl along with the garlic and coriander and mint leaves, that will have become crisp by this time. Cover the bowl with a lid and shake thoroughly. The leaves will break down into fine particles and cover the fries nicely.
- Remove the lid and add salt, chilli powder and chaat masala and give it another nice shake.
- Serve hot. Keep fooding!!